- 32 oz. Chuck Roast, trimmed
- 1 medium red onion, peeled, quartered
- 1 lb red potatoes, skin on, halved
- 1⁄4 lb celery large dice, leaves on
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 cup pearl onions, peeled
- 1 cup button mushrooms, stems removed
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and halved
- 1 rosemary sprig 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 thyme sprig thyme sprig
- 2 cups natural beef broth
- 2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper to taste
Place red onion & celery in bottom of Crockpot or slow cooker.
Stack the beef on the vegetables. Add broth, Worcestershire, garlic, rosemary and thyme.
Cover & cook on low-heat until meat is tender, about 5 or more hours 5 or more hours to a minimum internal temperature of to a minimum internal temperature of 130ºF at thickest part. Add herbs, potatoes, pearl onions, and mushrooms, cover and keep cooking for 45 more minutes. Taste the juices, add salt if desired.
Since cooking appliances vary, this recipe serves only as a guideline.